About the Siebenbuerger Club
On June 10th, 1898, eighteen men gathered in Greiner's Hall to drink beer
and sing German songs. This meeting became the beginning of the Siebenbuerger Club.
As more members joined the Club, the group was forced to move to larger quarters and relocated to Simpson Methodist Church. This building was eventually moved by horse from 25 East 21st Street to 21st and French Streets.
Due to continued increase in membership, a more modern facility was built during 1927-1928. The exterior of the building remains virtually the same as when constructed, but the interior continues to be improved and redecorated as needed.